04 August 2008

Green Light: Now Begin

Sofistafunk here. Looks like you've stumbled across my humble blog, "Bringing the Sofistafunk" (name subject to change). This blog is dedicated to my endeavors as an aspiring DJ at KALX 90.7 FM, UC Berkeley's radio station located in the bowels of Barrows Hall. I've been volunteering at the good ship KALX since my sophomore year of college and I finally made it through the DJ training program last year, which means I have the honor of doing 1 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. shows instead of 3:30 to 6-ers. I would apply for earlier shows, but I'm pretty comfortable at the at the 1 a.m. slot. The studio is nice and quiet and only the most dedicated (or those with insomnia) are listening in. Plus there's always parking around Berkeley during the wee hours of the morn.

But back to the blog. I decided to chronicle my radio doings and going-ons here on the interweb for posterity and also for my own entertainment. I also have deluded aspirations of building a fan base, a misguided dream fueled by some callers who were far to generous with praise during my last show. Anyway, I figured that if I'm going to build the empire of Sofistafunk's devoted followers, I'd better start a place to rally the troops. So here it is! I'll be writing about my shows, all manner of music- and radio-related things and posting my play lists and perhaps the occasional mixtape—but now I'm getting ahead of myself. So read on and listen in! Oh and if you want to shoot me a friendly e-mail, holla back at heysofistafunk@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you. And now ... we begin!

No comments: