07 March 2009

It's Been a While ... Show 5 Playlist

I shouldn'ta left you ... without a dope beat to step to. By beats, I mean playlists for Yo! KALX Raps! or any other kind of music related posts. I don't even have a good excuse for not blogging, so I'm just going to skip the usual written self-flagellation for not updating and just get on with.

After the jump you'll find the first of a few Yo! KALX Raps! Playlists that I've neglected to post until now.

Wow, I have to reach all the way back to December for my Show 5 playlist, that's how inattentive I've been. Better late than never, I suppose. My last show of 2008 was a look back at the year in hip-hop with some of my favorite tracks from '08.

Show 5 - Hip-Hop in 2008
22 December 2009

  1. Animal Farm - "Rookie of the Year," The Unknown
  2. Mic Break: Lil' Wayne - "Lollipop (Instrumental)," Tha Carter III
  3. Buckshot & 9th Wonder - "Man Listen," The Formula
  4. Q-Tip - "Official," The Renaissance
  5. The Mighty Underdogs - "Victorious," Droppin' Science Fiction
  6. 88-Keys - "Ho' is Short for Honey," The Death of Adam
  7. The Roots - "I Will Not Apologize," Rising Down
  8. The Cool Kids - "88," The Bake Sale
  9. Mic Break: Kanye West - "Robocop (Instrumental)," 808s and Heartbreak
  10. Common - "Make My Day," Universal Mind Control
  11. Chali 2na - "Join the Dots," Fish Market
  12. Jakeone - "White Van," White Van Music
  13. Del tha Funky Homosapien - "Workin' It," Eleventh Hour
  14. Giant Panda - "Laser Ray," Electric Laser
  15. Mic Break: Blue Scholars - "BUTTER&GUN$ (Instrumental)," BUTTER&GUN$ E.P.
  16. New Jack Hustle - "Last Newport," Sound Check

No comments: