08 March 2009

Show 7 - Special Visitor & Hip-Hop Favorites

I had a very special guest in the studio with me for Show 7. None other than my favorite and only brother, DJ Scoop Rubio of UW's Rainydawg Radio fame! We each supplied half of the show's playlist with our favorite hip-hop tracks. It was such a blast having him in the studio with me and we had a good time looking back at the songs that fostered our love of hip-hop. It was SUPER special for me, because my brother is actually the person who got me into hip-hop in the first place.

Also, a fun anecdote: We befriended the fellow working at Top Dog, where we dropped by for a late night snack. My brother asked if he had been listening earlier and explained that we had been the DJs on air. Hot dog dude explained that he had enjoyed the show and that he was excited to have something fun to listen to as he had just switched shifts to Sunday nights. He advised that I drop by after my shows, which I have done and will continue to do.

Top Dog is officially the post-Yo! KALX Raps! hang out spot. So, you now know where to find me at 1 a.m. every 2nd and 4th Monday morning of the month. My dog of choice? The Weiner, of course. Hands down the best vegetarian hot dog you will ever sink your teeth into.

Show 7 - Hip-Hop Favorites with Scoop Rubio
9 February 2009
  1. Missy Elliott - "The Rain," Supa Dupa Fly
  2. Mic Break: The Notorious B.I.G. - "Mo Money Mo Problems (Instrumental)," Mo Money Mo Problems (Single)
  3. Slick Rick - "Children's Story," The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
  4. 2Pac - "How Do U Want It," How Do U Want It (Single)
  5. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - "The Crossroads (DJ U-Neek's Mo Thug Remix)," Tha Crossroads (Single)
  6. Mic Break: Lil' Kim - "Not Tonight (Remix Instrumental)," Not Tonight (Single)
  7. The Fugees - "Fu-Gee-La," The Score
  8. Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See," When Disaster Strikes
  9. Q-Tip - "Vivrant Thing," Amplified
  10. Blue Scholars - "The Ave," Blue Scholars
  11. Wu-Tang Clan - "Gravel Pit," The W
  12. Mic Break: The Fugees - "Fu-Gee-La (Refugee Camp Remix Instrumental)," Fu-Gee-La (Single)
  13. Common - "I Used to Love H.E.R.," Resurrection

No comments: